Born in Costa Rica in 1940. Since early childhood he showed an extraordinary skill for drawing. After finishing high school, he became interested in studying architecture. Two years later, at the age of 19, he interrupted his career and moved to New York where he studied dramatic art.
In 1962 he moved to San Juan, Puerto Rico, but after a short time there he decided to move to the city of Cayey. He will dedicate the next 20 years of his life to his newly formed family and to his art; working tirelessly in interior decoration without ever ceasing to paint, he participated in exhibitions and art projects in Puerto Rico. In 1981 he moved to the city of Houston where his art studio is and where he currently lives happily.
“It is a duty to leave things better than we find them ... if with a little imagination I can add emotional and spiritual value to my work ... I have fulfilled my duty.” Oscar Saborío.
“Art is a language of luxury…for a few. I paint to be happy learning to express myself. It is an emotional act inspired by spiritual and ethical values that strengthen and elevate my self-esteem.” Oscar Saborío.
• Upjohn Pharmaceuticals, Manati, P.R.
• Richardson Merrel Interamericas, Inc., Puerto Rico Branch, San Juan, P.R.
• Dr. David Carol & Family, Austin, TX
• Geare Kandstandt-Arawak Consulting Corporation, N.Y., N.Y.
• Mepha Pharmaceuticals Distributors, San Jose, Costa Rica
• Joseph Duran, S.L., Barcelona, Spain
• Fernando Caballero & Family, Austin, TX
• Claude Mughanni & Family, Austin, Tx
• Chichi Rodriguez, Professional Golfer, Dorado, P.R.
• Correa Carro & Associates, Cayey, P.R.
• Tradestart Capital Limited, San Francisco, CA
• Serres Family, Tarragona, Spain
• Mrs. Cynthia Roeche, Palo Alto, CA
• Mr. Donald Teague, Lost Gatos, CA
Selected solo and collective Exhibitions
• 1978 – Casa Alcaldía de Cayey, P.R.
• 1979 – III Muestra Anual de Pintura y Escultura, San Juan, P.R.
• 1979 – Galería Palomas, San Juan, P.R.
• 1979 – Galería San Jerónimo, San Juan, P.R.
• 1980 – Sala de Exposiciones del Dpto. de Instrucción Publica, P.R.
• 1980 – Museo Ramón Frado, Colegio Universitario de Cayey, P.R.
• 1980 – IV Muestra Anual de Pintura, y Escultura, San Juan, P.R.
• 1981 – Sala de Exposiciones “Casa Blanca” del I.C.P., San Juan, P.R.
• 1984 – I Muestra de Artistas Cayeyanos Contemporáneos, Museo Universitario de Cayey, P.R.
• 2004 – Galería Arte Las Americas, Houston, TX
• 2016 – Art of the World Gallery, Houston, TX